About the Program
Student Introduction To Engineering (SITE) is a summer program for rising high school juniors and seniors who are interested in science, technology, engineering and mathematics, hosted by The University of Alabama College of Engineering.
SITE sessions are offered during the month of July each year. The dates for 2017 are July 9-14, July 16-21 and July 23-28. To be considered for SITE, you must submit an online application.
SITE consists of five nights of fun and exploration! You won’t roast marshmallows at this camp. As a SITE student, you’ll live in a UA residence hall, engage in teaming exercises, and tour an industrial plant to see engineers at work. You’ll challenge your mind with mathematics, engineering, computer science and English courses. And you’ll team with other ambitious students in a design competition sure to test your skills.
About 40 students are selected to participate in each weeklong session.
SITE Fee: $700
The $700 SITE fee includes the following:
- Industrial plant tour
- Hands-on laboratory demonstrations
- Classroom sessions with UA engineering faculty
- Expert advice on applying to college, including seminars on admissions requirements, financial aid and housing
- UA residential hall accommodations for five nights
- Meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner)
- SITE T-shirt
- Opening and closing banquets for students and parents
- Group photo
- Certificate of completion